Monday, December 05, 2005

GALA DAY






Well what an absolute success was netball gala day! 4 Teams competed for the trophy created by local artists Christopher Hanrahan and Marley "Napoleon" Dawson. The shots of the games were so beautiful that there is a 2006 calendar being created as we speak (it will be out well before xmas and will make a great stocking filler). A big thankyou to everyone involved especially to the patient umpires Jaki, India, Kathy and Yuri.

Scores:

Match one we saw Team Australia take down Nancy with a score of 9-1. The best player was Kathy Gray and the Most improved was Brian Fuata.

Match two The Mary Pipes took on the Wild SLACs with a score of 5-2. The Best player in this game was Michael Tate and the most improved player Liz Pulie.

Match Three Team Australia let the Mary Pipes win with a score of 11-14 ;). The Best player was Paulo Macchia and the most improved was Jonathon Bailey.

And Match 4 we had Nancy play the Wild SLACS with friendly score of 1-1 where the best player was Tim Hilton and the most improved Sara Shera.

The overall prize for most inspiring player went to "The Anger" (AKA Mo) Stay tuned for a sample chant from the Anger himself.

There will be more images and words to come, today everyone is too stiff to even type.

Attached for your perusal are some images of the Mary Pipes celebrating in all their glory, one of sick bay, one of Hanrahan using his bum to distract his fellow opponents and also a couple showing the pure exhilaration of exhaustion.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Netball Gala Day was something else - hot, sweaty, with dazzling sportyness all round. Big congratulations to the Mary Pipes. Plus there's lots of action snaps in the fair hands of the Wild SLACS captain...

3:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It. Is. Just. So. Hard. To. Walk. Today. Fark... But no complaining after such a tremendous afternoon. Thanks Dan!
A special shout-out to The Anger whose game was pure passion.

5:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like to join tt in thanking Dans, but also all those that got out there and gave their all.

In particular The Anger was inspirational not only through his actions, but also, in his unrivalled ability to inspire with his Rosie Perez impersonations. Awe inspiring.

Also the trophy was a collaborative effort between myself and Marley 'Napoleon' Dawson.

6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great day Dan. Though, I must admit I don't think the Mary Pipes played a fair game. I'm fairly certain they only had maybe one smoker on their team. And as far as the unwritten laws go, that's just pushing it. Every other team had at least 3-4 smokers on their side. In my opinion, I think next time there needs to be a thorough health inspection of all participants. With 30-40% of players on any given team showing visible signs of nicotine addiction. Nicotine stained fingers and moustaches and perhaps even phlegm analysis.

ITS NOT FAIR BLOODY!

10:18 pm  
Blogger Danielle said...

Today I feel both dead and alive. Netball really brings out that competitive spirit. I've never witnessed so much action from people I usually only see after dark at the pub. There have been a few reports of near cardiac arrests on the court. Sarah Rawlings reflecting on the pure passion of netball said "I felt like someone was strangling me and i then i was goin to vomit" Brian said some thing like "wow there's my heart" and I haven't heard from one player today who IS able to move. I would like to start collecting some descriptions and pictures of injuries. I put my back out, sprained my ankle, i've a couple of bruises and I'm not sure what I did to my bum but I've started walking like a cowgirl. There were 3 reported sprained ankles. Tim Hilton was nursing his sprained ankle with some deep heat last night while munching on a beef kebab???
Thanks again to all those active artists who really gave 225%. I really have never seen anything like it. May the Gala Day dream live on! Go gala Go! xDC

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CARN!

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home